Saturday, November 01, 2008

Happy Birthday, Novtej Singh!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Though I doubt he's ever going to read this..

Happy Birthday, Novtej Veerji!

Internet ne duniya kinni chhoti kar dithi. It's because of blogging and forums that I've met and made friends with so many Sikhs from all around the world, and I really cherish it. Though things have changed a lot since I first started blogging, I haven't let go of all these people. Some whose blogs I follow(ed) silently, some whose I left a comment or two on - some of whom I became good friends with, and out of those are the few who I am still friends with.

I'm just in awe at where technology has taken us, and what it's provided us with - and I'm very glad I happened upon Veerji's blog somehow, because it's one I've loved reading since the beginning. I know we don't really know each other, but it's cool to 'know' him!

I hope you had a lovely day, and may Guru Sahib bless you always with Chardikalaa _/\_

And now I feel a little bad about hijacking a birthday post =p but...

We just came back from Guruduara Sahib a little while ago. The lights are all still up, including the blue light tube wrapped around the Nishan Sahib. I went outside to do prakarma.. I stood in front of the Nishan Sahib, and when I looked up, I could see the rain falling in the light from the spotlights on the ground. When I came back to the place where I started from and looked up again, I kept my face up and eyes open as long as I could - I was in absolute awe. I was just mesmerized. It was so beautiful, and I just couldn't get over it.

Why do I get so emotional over such little things? I find so often my heart welling up with emotion, swelling fit to burst, and it's like this ache inside from all the beauty I see/experience. And then something happens, and I feel like rain is pouring through me, inside me, washing it all away, and I'm empty, and it's all gone... Until it happens again.

I'm so weird.

bhull chuk maaf karna Jeeo _/\_

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

7 Responses to “Happy Birthday, Novtej Singh!”

TeraRoop said...

Blogger Novtej said...

hello :)

been a long time!

It used to be fun back in the days when we were all regular bloggers!

4/08/2008 08:57:00 AM

haha :))

Waheguruu..

:((

Anonymous said...

you still write sooooo beautifully!

I love the description of the nishaan sahib and the rain and how you felt!

(",)

TeraRoop said...

Still? haha!

Thank you =)

Anonymous said...

oh I meant ... because I haven't been reading blogs properly for a while... it was nice to see that you still write beautifully...

drrr... scatter-brain me

Novtej said...

Waheguru! I've only just read this post now!

We were all one big circle, we all enjoyed reading each others thoughts on the outlook of the same world we reside on.

TeraRoop said...

aw! how'd you even find it after all this time? haha

Last time I tried to read your blog, it was invitation only. Are you still blogging?

novtej said...

I don't know how I managed to 'lock' mhy blog but it's unlocled now. Considering moving to twitter very soon.........

Leave a Reply

_/\_