Monday, May 26, 2008

Update on Benches Situation

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

As I added to Wednesday's post in an update, the benches were removed sometime Wednesday night. I waited until I could gather a certain amount of information to make this post, and I know a little bit more than I knew Thursday.

Apparently - and this is pretty much from what I've heard around, I still haven't been able to verify anything - the benches were not a move made by the committee as a whole. It seems that Devinder Singh Channa {member of the Supreme Council}, along with one other person, is responsible for the benches being put in. I won't add that name just yet, until I've confirmed it as well as I can. In the middle of the night on Wednesday, Harjot Singh Khalsa {president of the committee} went to the Guruduara Sahib, roused at least one person for sure {who lives at Guruduara Sahib and does Sevaa there}, and with his help, had the benches removed.

Bravo. Now what were Channa and ----- thinking? A lot of the youth were pretty upset and riled by this. I'm glad to see at least that much; even if some of the people in charge of 'running' the Guruduara Sahib don't seem to have much sense, at least the youth are aware of some rights and wrongs.

bhullchukmaaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

2 Responses to “Update on Benches Situation”

b said...

I went onto Flickr to look at your pictures, as I do from time to time, but lo and behold:

"TeraRoop11 doesn't have anything available to you."

:"(

TeraRoop said...

Sorry for the late reply, Bhenji!

Don't worry, they're just private for a little while ^_^ I was taking a little mental break, and it was easier to hide all my pictures.

I'm slowly coming back =)

Leave a Reply

_/\_