Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Beadbi at Fremont Gurughar - Benches in Darbar

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Around 4:15 PM today, I got a call from Bhenji to inform me of something that really shocked me.

In a surprise move - totally out of the blue, really - Fremont Gurughar Prabandhaks decided to install benches inside the Darbar Hall.

I could not believe my ears. What on earth were they thinking? Like, seriously? Were they all taking a hot air balloon ride together, and the balloon burst, and they crashed and landed on their heads or something?

So we went to Guruduara Sahib tonight, and I decided to take my camera with me {a bit of photojournalism =p}, and here are a couple of snaps:





As you can see, the benches are located at the back of the hall. I haven't heard anything directly from any committee members, so everyone's assuming they are doing this for the bajurg who have trouble sitting on the floor. Honest to God, maybe once every 8-10 months, I see someone bring a chair into Darbar to sit on, because they have trouble sitting on the floor. Installing these benches will probably invite those to sit on them who would have otherwise sat on the floor in their absence.

This is really unexpected coming from Fremont, I mean, the people in charge here {and even those not in charge} have done some dumb things in the past, but this is unacceptable. We didn't see anyone we could approach about it when were there tonight, but on Sunday we're definitely going to be having a talk with someone!

Unbelievable.

bhull chuk maaf karna Jeeo _/\_

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsaaa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehh!

---

eDit: Update as of Thursday, 05/22/08 - the benches have been removed!

More info as it comes, I suppose? Still haven't heard anything direct from the prabandhak committee.

No response to “Beadbi at Fremont Gurughar - Benches in Darbar”

Leave a Reply

_/\_