Saturday, April 14, 2007

Vaisakhi Mubaarak Ho =)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful Vaisakhi - may the blessed gift of Amrit flow continuously through our souls.


Gateway to Heaven, originally uploaded by TeraRoop11.

This is the main entrance gate to Takhat Sri Kesgarh Sahib, please click the link right below the picture to see its page on Flickr - that'll link you to a great shot of Sri Kesgarh Sahib as well as some description/explanation by Solarider Veerji.

As beautiful a day as this was, and continues to be, the start of something beautiful back in 1699 was marred by a tragedy in 1978 - which many, including myself, tend to forget. This year I was grinning ear-to-ear due to thoughts of Vaisakhi. While searching for something, I saw a picture of Bhai Fauja Singh Ji, and all of a sudden I remember the martyrdom of three Gursikhs on Vaisakhi of that year.

Please check this out for some information about Bhai Fauja Singh Ji and the massacre.

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Ji

bhullchukmaaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Edit---04/21/07
All comments on the previous post have been replied to - I'm really sorry for the delay _/\_

4 Responses to “Vaisakhi Mubaarak Ho =)”

solar said...

Great picture that really worked out well.

Also thanks for the reminder about the Shaheeds of 78. Sometimes we (I'm guilty of this myself too often) do forget the sacrifices of others.

PARNAM SHAHEEDA NU

solar said...

Hmm - I've not idea why my name is showing up as Solar.

Where's the old ss gone.

google/blogger - pah! :-)

TeraRoop said...

Thank you, Veerji..

gaga @ solar.. when i saw the comment notification in my inbox i started laughing =p

I had to be reminded myself.. read something on someone's blog and then I realized that April 14th had more than one special meaning.

Your parnam shaheeda nu kind of made me laugh {I'm sorry!} - it reminded me of all our young guys who think they're so hard and walk around 'claiming' '84 and the Shaheeds, when they can't begin to understand what they gave Shaheedi for..

Waheguru.

Anonymous said...

With all due respect bibi ji, I don’t think it’s right for you to cast the same net over ‘all our young guys who think they’re so hard and walk around ‘claiming’ ’84 and Shaheeds’. Forgive me for sounding arrogant but have you reached such an avastha where you can see what resides within people’s hearts?

Speaking about our Shaheeds and Khalistan would you also say that Sikhs who do not support the movement to liberate Punjab from the clutches of the tyrannical oppressors of Dehli are completely heartless? Would you not say that such people go against the hukam of the Guru Khalsa Panth? No, at the end of the day everyone has their own reasons which they base their opinions on.

Who are we to judge?

Btw, 13th april was also the anniversary of the massacre at Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.

Leave a Reply

_/\_