Monday, January 01, 2007

The Start of Another Year

of a life given to us by Akaal Purakh to reach Him.

What Guru Ji said to us today:

ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ 5 ॥
ਪਿੰਗੁਲ ਪਰਬਤ ਪਾਰਿ ਪਰੇ ਖਲ ਚਤੁਰ ਬਕੀਤਾ ॥ ਅੰਧੁਲੇ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਸੂਝਿਆ ਗੁਰ ਭੇਟਿ ਪੁਨੀਤਾ ॥1॥
ਮਹਿਮਾ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗ ਕੀ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਮੀਤਾ ॥ ਮੈਲੁ ਖੋਈ ਕੋਟਿ ਅਘ ਹਰੇ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਭਏ ਚੀਤਾ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਐਸੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਕੀ ਕੀਟਿ ਹਸਤੀ ਜੀਤਾ ॥ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਕੀਨੋ ਆਪਨੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਅਭੈ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੀਤਾ ॥2॥
ਸਿੰਘੁ ਬਿਲਾਈ ਹੋਇ ਗਇਓ ਤ੍ਰਿਣੁ ਮੇਰੁ ਦਿਖੀਤਾ ॥ ਸ੍ਰਮੁ ਕਰਤੇ ਦਮ ਆਢ ਕਉ ਤੇ ਗਨੀ ਧਨੀਤਾ ॥3॥
ਕਵਨ ਵਡਾਈ ਕਹਿ ਸਕਉ ਬੇਅੰਤ ਗੁਨੀਤਾ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਰ ਸਰੀਤਾ ॥4॥7॥37॥

The cripple crosses over the mountain, the fool becomes a wise man, and the blind man sees the three worlds, by meeting with the True Guru and being purified. ||1||
This is the Glory of the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy - listen, O my friends: filth is washed away, millions of sins are dispelled, and the consciousness becomes immaculate and pure. ||1||Pause||
Such is the devotional worship of the Lord of the Universe, that the ant can overpower the elephant. Whoever the Lord makes His own, is blessed with the gift of fearlessness. ||2||
The lion becomes a cat, and the mountain looks like a blade of grass. Those who worked for half a shell, will be judged very wealthy. ||3||
What glorious greatness of Yours can I describe, O Lord of infinite excellences?Please bless me with Your Mercy, and grant me Your Name; O Nanak, I am lost without the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. ||4||7||37||

Guru Ji.. thank You so much. haha that's not even something that needs to be said..

You've shown me, that I was never on the wrong path - I was on the right path all along. This path you've placed me on, nudged me to start walking forward upon, this path that sometimes I've sat and taken much too a long a break on, this path that at some times became so rocky and so thorny that I just sat down on the side of the road and refused to walk on until You showed Yourself to me and inspired in me again the desire to reach my Goal, this path.. that, no, I haven't tread, this path you've been carrying me on all along..

It has so many twists and turns that it becomes extremely difficult, if not impossible, to keep sight of the end of it, of our final destination. And even though we are not walking ourselves, and instead, You are carrying us - we become tired. Tired of waiting, and of the dull, bleak scenery on either side. We lose faith that we will ever reach the end of this path, and become weary when we have no reason to.

And with only Your blessing, this murakh, this maha paapi, this vaddi ton vaddi manmukh has locked eyes so firmly upon the end of this path, the beautiful destination, that oh Guru Ji, oh Waheguru Ji, with your sweet blessing, she will never lose faith again.

Now this murakh knows.. no matter how many twists and turns, no matter how many rocks and thorns, no matter if there are ditches or rivers to ford.. the end of this path can be reached at any time.. the end is there.. with such beauty awaiting me..

oh Waheguru Ji.. if ever before I said I was in love, I lied.. and it may be that again someday, a week from now, eleven months, twenty seven years from now.. I will again feel this way, but no love before this love could have been pure or true or real, because only now have I met the One who loves me most.. and I'll never love anyone more than You Waheguru Ji.. I'll never love anyone more than You.

to thank You would be blasphemy.. to think there is enough in me worthy of You is sin..

i love You

You who are everything to me.. I don't know when I'll fully realize this.. but now I'll never forget

i love You

to lose faith is more wrong than anything else, because what have i to do, Lord? You are doing everything for me...

oh pyaarae preetham.. i love you, i love you, i love you...

13 Responses to “The Start of Another Year”

Anonymous said...

=)

TeraRoop said...

I'd like to give you a hug.

Anonymous said...

bhenji..

Gursikhs don't "hug"...

fateh bolavo =]

Vahiguru ji khalsa, Vahiguru ji ki Fateh

nobody very important said...

gursikhs can hug as well as bolavo-ing fateh.

TeraRoop said...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I'll save the hug for someone else then =)

Hey somebody very important.. you want it?

=)

bhullchukmaaf karni Jee..
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

nobody very important said...

i will pass up on the hug becaaaaaaause i have an issue with people touching me lol

hope the exams/studying went/go well Teraroopie.

btw did you hear the awful news? novtej's blogging is no more.

satvinder said...

"I'll save the hug for someone else then =)"

me! me! me!! (",)

sorry little one... couldn't pass by and not claim that lonely huggie (",)

satvinder said...

ps. and now satvinder bhenji is going to go away and pretend to act her age while Teraroop concentrates on her exams.

Isn't that right?

*satvinder takes hold of TR's head and gently rocks it backwards and forwards so as to simulate a nod*
bestest wishes for those nasty exams(",)

Brain said...

Give it to meeeeeeeeee, Japneetie...

Anon who told you Gursikhs do not "hug"?

Anonymous said...

mm yea sorry about that..

forgive me..

I wasn't thinking it through..

I guess it's your own prem/sharda..that really matters

bye now.=)

TeraRoop said...

depends on what you think is behind the hug. if you're thinking kaam, then of course not. but a hug for a brother or sister, mother or father, daughter or son, is by all means O-kay.

okay somebody very important ji.. i can accept that =)

*gives satvinder bhenji a big hug*

*gives brain a big neverletgohugggieee*

Actually I didn't know Novtej Veerji's blogging is no more.. what happened??

and everyone: exams dont begin until the 22nd so i dont start studying til the 21st - but thanks anyway =)p

p.s. anon ji and someone very important ji - do i know either of you by any chance?

Anonymous said...

hey didnt know you went to india!..that was a little unexpected. but why are you mad at me? serious, the place im going to be staynig doesnt have internet access how rubbish is that!!! a really nice hospital though...

nobody very important said...

it's me sillie, and i already told you i'm not telling if you know me or not :)

excellent - you can tell us all about what happened in india between now and the 21st.

- b

p.s. i think i should work on my typing-style so that you people don't get suspicious.

Leave a Reply

_/\_