Saturday, January 20, 2007

Rohan Karer

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

There is a little eighteen-month-old boy by the name of Rohan Karer who has X-Linked Hyper IgM (PDF).

I wish I had known earlier about the bone marrow drive that took place at Guruduara Sahib Fremont and Guruduara Sahib San Jose on the 14th of this month, but I didn't. It's still not too late, though.

The only cure to X-Linked Hyper IgM is a permanent bone marrow transplant. The family has set up a site, where you can read up on Rohan and what's going on. He also has his own blog {much like TK the Fly Baby}, and it's really quite cute and loaded with pictures of him.

This is my humble request to anyone passing by - please have a look at the site and try your best to become a bone marrow donor. This doesn't hurt you much in any way, and it could save a young child's life. Think of how great it would feel if you were a match, and could allow this little boy to live out a full life! Although the drive is over, you can still become a donor!

Please..

I just wish I was eighteen already.

bhullchukmaaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

2 Responses to “Rohan Karer”

t-kaur said...

thanks for the advice trying to spend time with all my close pals :)

TeraRoop said...

You're very welcome, Bhenji.

I know how you feel about not finding the same things funny anymore, or sometimes just not wanting to laugh.

But like I did, you too will get through the darkness. Personally, I think the darkness is just there to help us appreciate the light better once it shines on us again.

Take care, Bhenji =)

Leave a Reply

_/\_