Thursday, August 31, 2006

Stupid Much?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

"The birth of Khalsa or Sikhism is deeply entwined with Punjabi poetry as almost all the Sikh Gurus were accomplished poets/musicians and created moving verses set to classical music, laying the foundation for new religious utterings combined with a quest for Punjabi identity. In a sense Guru Nanak was the first real 'Punjabi' who gave its (1) inhabitants a pride in reclaiming their separate identity."
(1) lol.

Written, I believe, by Mr. Harpaul Rana, Punjabi teacher at James Logan High School. If it is not written by him, he has made no attempt to edit or censor what he gives to his students in study materials. Which can be just as bad, because it could mean either that a) he doesn't care enough to differentiate between truth and commonly accepted fiction, or b) he agrees with what people mindlessly spit out, and what others even more mindlessly follow.

Nothing will come of complaining about it to him, and I will only receive sympathy without result from Mrs. Sarabjit Kaur Cheema Aunty Ji if I were to approach her (she organized the class at Logan).

So will I talk to her? Will I approach him and allow myself to become entangled in an argument with him in which there is no winning, not because he has better arguments, but simply because he is willing to waste unlimited time repeating one moronic argument and not take in a single word of the argument(s) the person he is speaking to is making? Will I waste my mindpower worrying about this, and breath by complaining to her or attempting to change him?

I realize that the only other option is to do nothing. What is better, to try and fail as you know is inevitable, or not try at all and feel useless? Should I sit by and save myself the trouble, letting myself think that the students aren't really paying much attention to the lesson anyway, and will not absorb any of it? Or should I remind myself that most of them already think this? Should I try my hardest and justify a failure with the words "At least I tried", and kill another bird with that stone by laying my guilty conscience to rest?

Yeah . . . school started =)

bhullchukmaaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehh

p.s. I'll get to comments soon - I'm acting my age as Iks Veerji has so many times admonished me to do, and being a picky, moody brat =D

6 Responses to “Stupid Much?”

Angad Singh said...

Little one ji!

not doing anything is not the way of the khalsa..after all we dont wear a kirpan just cause it looks cool!!

do a breif write up on sikhism..a detailed on and talk about kirtan..how 95% of bani is kirtan and that singing kirtan is our main form of worship as a community..once its done u can circulate it to the students of the school via email or pass it around.

keep it to 3/4 of a page no more.

no point going and telling someone they are wrong..but i must say he has no idea wht he is talking about guru nanak never spoke about identity...

and pls pls meri sikaat naa lai..nai teh vaadhe phenji mere piche soti ley ke aan gey!!

enjoy yr weekend

Angad Singh said...

brief..sorry abt the spelling error

TeraRoop said...

But it is not the way of the Khalsa to take foolish steps either, now is it? Whatever a Khalsa does should be sure and wise.. and attempting to confront either of them would be neither sure nor wise.

"do a breif write up on sikhism..a detailed on and talk about kirtan..how 95% of bani is kirtan and that singing kirtan is our main form of worship as a community..once its done u can circulate it to the students of the school via email or pass it around."

This will not be effective. I know these kids - if someone like myself would probably be too lazy to read it, how can I count on them to read it?

Waheguru.. such homai in me.

hahah nehi laande shkayat =] your secrets are safe with me!

for now... mwahahahahha =D

Angad Singh said...

awww thank you ji..nai te patta thwanu mennu chittare paayne see

TeraRoop said...

na ji na.. saade bhenji tuhanu chhithr maran de kabil nehi

she's much too sweet =)

Angad Singh said...

awww..may tey aave he dar da see

Leave a Reply

_/\_