Friday, May 05, 2006

Sikh Essay Marathon - 5

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Japman Singh Veerji started Essay Marathon - 5 in hopes of the Sikh Sangat contributing, and inspiring one another. Sadly enough, he did not receive many responses, although this marathon's topics are more stimulating and inspirational than those of past marathons.

It is disheartening to see such a lack of response. So Sangat Ji, I have a benti for you all. Please take some time out of your busy schedules to write something on either of the topics/questions posted below. This is one of the many ways to inspire others, and to grow closer to one's own Sikhi by doing some soul-searching.

Please contribute. If you would like to remain gupt, you can submit the essay to Japman Veerji through the PM system. I am not sure which e-mail address he has kept open for non-forum members to contact him about the contest, so while I contact him, you can send the essay to me. Or you could simply post it yourself =).

I get the feeling no one will do this.. but please.. prove me wrong.


1. What makes you wake up every morning wanting to be a Gursikh? What do you draw inspiration from on a day-to-day basis? How do you make the line "Aisaa Kam Moolai Naa Kichai Jit Ant Pachhootaayeeai" true in your daily life? Does your circle of associates contain only sikhs, and if not, is it difficult to live a life as a gursikh around them?

or

2. What instances in Sikh history have inspired you? if you were not on the path at one time in life, what historical events (saakhis, biographies, so forth) led you to attempt to devote your life to Guru? Try to state more than 2, if possible. Explain how they inspired you, and if you have had any measure of success in implementing this in your daily life.


Happy writing =)

bhullchukmaaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehh!

4 Responses to “Sikh Essay Marathon - 5”

ss said...

Yes - someone prove Bhenji wrong :-)

I like the idea of this. I'll see if I can coax (ie twist their arms) a few ppl to submit.

TeraRoop said...

Must I twist yours?

=P

I like being proven wrong.. but that's a take to be spun on a different day =)

smilies, smilies,
everywhere

ss said...

So why doesnt anyone else know about this little blog - or are they all hidding?

I'm always wrong. (erm so does that mean I'm wring when I say I'm always wrong? - dang too tought for my feeble brain)

:-)

TeraRoop said...

*tale

No one else knows because it's hiding =)

I figured I'd renovate it before I come back, but that doesn't seem to be working out too well. You know about it because we were both missing that thread haha

hahaha hmmmm philosophic =P. It's always going to contradict itself.

I missed a chance to go out and run about in the rain. *sigh*

=)

Stay up!

Leave a Reply

_/\_