Friday, March 17, 2006

My Sikhi

will never die

My Sikhi will never die

My Sikhi will never die

My Sikhi will never die

My Sikhi will never die

My Sikhi will never die

My Sikhi will never die

My Sikhi will never die.

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khaalsa! Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

6 Responses to “My Sikhi”

gurjeet kaur said...

Sir jaavey taa jaavey.

Meri Sikhi Sidhak na jaavey.

Novtej said...

did something happen bhenji?

Gurvinderpal said...

best of luck with that =)

Singhstah said...

Chardikalaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Confused Khalsa said...

Bhai Gurdas Ji wrote a verse in one of his Vaars, it stated "that if the Guru tested his Sikh, the Sikh would automatically pass the test." The sixth Guru , Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji was not very pleased with this tone of thought and decided to test Bhai Gurdas Ji himself. Guru Ji gave Bhai Gurdas a bag of gold coins and sent him to Kabul to buy some horses. Having arrived safely, he completed the deal. Bhai Ji then asked two Afghans to come into his test to collect the money. Bhai Gurdas Ji went into the tent first and when he checked the bag of coins he found to his dismay that it was full of pebbles. Being at that time completely unable to face up to what he saw as disgrace, he made a run for it from the back of the tent. At the front of the tent the attendants waited, eventually they entered the tent and saw a bag of gold coins but not Bhai Gurdas Ji. The horse dealers were properly paid and in due course the horses arrived back at Amritsar where the whole sorry tale was told to Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji. In the meantime Bhai Gurdas Ji, now guilt ridden arrived at Benaras. There to earn a living he started giving the local people talks on Sikhism. He received a message from Guru Sahib Ji to return home, but still felt sick at heart and very repentant. He decided to re-write the verse that had displeased Guru Sahib Ji. This time he declared " That no Sikh on his own can ever pass the Guru’s test unless firstly he has the Guru’s blessing"

:)

TeraRoop said...

Good to hear from you, Bhenjee.

Nehi Veerjee, nothing happened.

Thank you Veerjee.. and you too Veer Uttam Singha.. hope you're feeling better now.

Ah Confused Khalsa Jeeo. Papa Jee shared this saakhi with me just a couple of weeks ago. I didn't think of it as ME controlling it.. I just felt.. Guru Jee would never take my Sikhi away. It is only through the faith I have in His love for His Sikhi and His Sikhs that I could make such a statement.

However.. that saakhi is definitely the reminder I needed, when all other things are considered..

Waheguru Jeeooo waheguru waheguru waheguruu waheguru waheguruu waheguru!

Leave a Reply

_/\_