Thursday, February 16, 2006

umm.. wow?

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khaalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

I kind of don't exactly know what to say, so just see for yourselves..

http://www.geocities.com/islam_sikhism/index.htm


I've e-mailed them.

bhull chuk maaf karan di kripaalta bakshni Maharaj Jeeo
Waheguru Jee Kaa Khaalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatehh

10 Responses to “umm.. wow?”

ss said...

I had this left on my blog as well and just deleted it as I didnt want to give any extra traffic or hits to their site.

TeraRoop said...

Good point - but there's no sense in people not knowing, either. More hits to their site from Sikhs doesn't exactly mean more support..

but then again, I'm stupid, so I could be doing something really bad for us eh..

Waheguru

Khalsa4ever said...

hmm, interesting. I can see on their front page lots of blah about islam, and not a word about Sikhi. Obviously another horrible conversion site.

TeraRoop said...

Exactlyy.. it's a clever ploy, I must admit. Not like it makes it any better, though. I took a quick look through some of their other pages, and one of them said something about clearing up misconceptions that Sikhs have about Islam.

I don't care that they have a site promoting their religion. The only thing that affects me at all is that they have Sikhism as a part of the URL, the site name, and the e-mail address provided for contact purposes.

Waheguru.. I should have stopped caring a long time ago.

satvinder said...

Teraroop, there is nothing wrong with caring but your intervention in this case will probably not cause positive change.

This sort of stuff incites conflict and if this is the purpose of the site then in my opinion the best thing to do is to ignore it.

As there will be differences in religions there will too be overlaps and as per Guru Nanak dev ji's examples in most cases it is probably best to act in the interest of humanitarianism and try to find parallels but here it is probably best not to act at all.

Lol, I have already said too much for someone who said they were ignoring this. (“,)

Bhul chuck maaf karni.

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

TeraRoop said...

hahaha I knoww.. but I'm still a stubborn lil kiddie hena..

grr

I haven't asked them to take anything down or anything, just asked them to sort of clarify what exactly they were doing.

I know that there isn't much to do, but how can I ignore it? And how on earth do people manage to fall for it? It's like a secret trick, only not so secret - it's so obvious!

grrrrrr

hmm I should go eat breakfast or something. Actually, no, I'll post the e-mail correspondence =) I guess it really is a waste of time, but..

roar.

Singhstah said...

yeah, i tried sending them an email, i tried to be as polite as possible, i cant believe I actually didnt swear even once. But i doubt theyll see sense, but hey might as well give it a shot. damn sullay

satvinder said...

go eat breakfast!!

ss said...

And then go to school :-)

TeraRoop said...

haha I don't eat breakfast. Had a cup of milk, though. oh oh but I did go to school! hehehe

Uttam Veerjee.. I'm glad youdidn't cuss at them.. you're improving =P but there really isn't any need to be angry.. or call them 'damn sullay'.

Sullay may be a shortened term, but it's actually quite derogatory - be careful bro, no sense in indulging yourself in krodh.

=)

Leave a Reply

_/\_