Friday, February 10, 2006

Sikhtoons

Sikhtoons Interview 'Thingie' =)

My thoughts will come later.

bhull chuk maaf karnee Maharaj
Waheguru Jee Kaa Khaalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

5 Responses to “Sikhtoons”

ss said...

Vishavjit Singh brilliantly sums up so much with so view works and pictures.

His work is great. We used his genocide cartoon some time back in a local workshop to very good effect.

TeraRoop said...

Yeah - one of his toons is displayed prominently on my binder for school, and a couple of others were used for a presentation in the middle of last year for club day.

I'm glad someone took the time to read the interview, and am positive there are others out there who appreciate Singh Jee's work.

Brilliant.

ss said...

I'm sure there are loads who do - well at least I hope so. His cartoons are quite prominent on a number of boards such as SikhSangat.

However one of the problems that we do lack is any sort of appreciation in general (not that he would want it I'm sure) but when we (thats a general we) see a funny video clip or a stupid picture then you get so many comments and people passing them around.

Now if only the same people made more of an effort to spread Paarji's work around. He is so prolific and hits the nail so hard so often.His cartoons about female infantcide in the Punjab should have made everyone sit up; especially as he includes references to the news stories.

Maybe we should all feature one of his toons on our blogs every so often and encourage others to go visit his site (http://www.sikhtoons.com/)

I don't mean a simple link to his site, like we both have; but actually cartoons linked back to his site; or something similar.

Gurfateh

TeraRoop said...

Brilliant Veerjee - the toon I have on my binder attracts at least one person every two days. Today, however, in my math class, one girl reda it who showed it to her friend, and soon I had five or six people around me asking to see it, and wanting to know more about Sikhism. It made me so happy, and all the credit goes to Veerjee and his toons.. of course, no one has bothered to visit the link before, but that's quite alright.

We should definitely do that, Veerjee.. I'm all for it. In fact, that shall be my next post. After which, I really should get around to that final Rakhiaa de Shabad post..

=D Waheguru!

ss said...

There's a new interview with VS at

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002815174_sikhtoons19m.html

ss

Leave a Reply

_/\_