Saturday, February 18, 2006

"Divided We Fall: Americans in the Aftermath"

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khaalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

So I found Into the Whirlwind quite some time back, but I never did remember the blog name, URL, or even the blogger. Now I realize that the Valarie Kaur linked to on everyone's {that means a lot of people} blogs is the very blog I spent a bit of time searching for.

Thanks to putting the SS news thing on my blog, I stumbled across the article Untold Story: Film on Post 9-11 America and prejudice.

Then, searching for Valarie Kaur Jee's blog on Google, I found not only what I was looking for, but a few other things that should stand as inspiration. OOH IDEA* If you Google her, you'll come up with quite a few things, but I've linked the site for the documentary below. On Bhenjee's blog itself are links to the trailers, etc.

Divided We Fall: Americans in the Aftermath

I'm sure most of you have at least heard of it, and out of those, most probably have some detailed knowledge of it. It's good. It's very, very good.

*Considering that Valarie Kaur Jee does not live very far from myself, I should suggest her for the role of motivational speaker at next month's Sikh Phulwari. This is, of course, if she has enough time. Oh that'd be cooool though, as our motivational speakers lack.. er.. the skill to motivate. Only three so far have sparked any interest in me, and two of those got to me =)

wheeeee yesterday was a good day.. and seeing as how this day arrived while at the Guruduaara Saahib, and will also be spent mostly at the Guruduaara Saahib, with camp to start, Gatkaa in between {hopefullyyy} and Keertan to finish. The Basant Darbaar's just a bit late, but I like the Shabad I've been taught, which I'll be singing with two other Bhenjee's tonight.

mm rain & coffee <3

=D {oh smilies.. when shall you enter my blog life?}

Oh so much more to say, yet not worth saying. It was cool though.. our family just chilled with Preetam Singh Uncle and Sarabjit Kaur Aunti Jee until approximately 12:30 or so? Been a while since we just sat and talked with them, and they are one of my favorite Sikh uncle/aunti couples out there. funfun.. soo many memories, so much prem. Although Aunti Jee did something she shouldn't have done.. no way I deserved that, no way at all. Which leads me to my presentation. Apparently having a different version play the powerpoint than the one it was created in, causes it to change just a tiny bit. In short, the visual presentation was a mess. *sigh* and it looked so pretty at home, too. And the speaking part? hahahaha.. I skipped a lot of stuff I was supposed to say, and the translations were a bit repetitive, but I got into the summary part. I don't think I did well at all, but that isn't helping my ego much, because people are much too kind.

You know what, I love failure. It's like one of the top cures for homai. Making a fool of myself. Doing something embarrassing. Compliments suck, though. Reminds me of the...{to be cont?}

Okay, getting sent to bed lol. ahh may Valarie Kaur Jee's work pay off.

Chardeekalaa!

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khaalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatehh

No response to “"Divided We Fall: Americans in the Aftermath"”

Leave a Reply

_/\_