Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Needh Naa Aavai

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=271

mY ibnu gur dyKy nId n AwvY ]
mai bin gur dhaekhae needh n aavai ||
Without seeing my Guru, sleep does not come.

myry mn qin vydn gur ibrhu lgwvY ]
maerae man than vaedhan gur birahu lagaavai ||
My mind and body are afflicted with the pain of separation from the Guru.

hir hir dieAw krhu guru mylhu jn nwnk gur imil rhsY jIau ]4]2]
har har dhaeiaa karahu gur maelahu jan naanak gur mil rehasai jeeo ||4||2||
O Lord, Har, Har, show mercy to me, that I may meet my Guru. Meeting the Guru, servant Nanak blossoms forth. ||4||2||

waheguru jee kaa khaalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

14 Responses to “Needh Naa Aavai”

Anonymous said...

Vahiguroooo jeeeeee

Singhstah said...

Reading that shabad, this one also entered my mind...

ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਚਉਪਦੇ ਘਰੁ ੧ ॥
Maajh, Fifth Mehl, Chau-Padas, First House:

ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਲੋਚੈ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਸਨ ਤਾਈ ॥
My mind longs for the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan.
ਬਿਲਪ ਕਰੇ ਚਾਤ੍ਰਿਕ ਕੀ ਨਿਆਈ ॥
It cries out like the thirsty song-bird.

ਤ੍ਰਿਖਾ ਨ ਉਤਰੈ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਦਰਸਨ ਸੰਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
My thirst is not quenched, and I can find no peace, without the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint. ||1||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਜੀਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਸਨ ਸੰਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint Guru. ||1||Pause||

ਤੇਰਾ ਮੁਖੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਾ ਜੀਉ ਸਹਜ ਧੁਨਿ ਬਾਣੀ ॥
Your Face is so Beautiful, and the Sound of Your Words imparts intuitive wisdom.

ਚਿਰੁ ਹੋਆ ਦੇਖੇ ਸਾਰਿੰਗਪਾਣੀ ॥
It is so long since this rain-bird has had even a glimpse of water.

ਧੰਨੁ ਸੁ ਦੇਸੁ ਜਹਾ ਤੂੰ ਵਸਿਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਜਣ ਮੀਤ ਮੁਰਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
Blessed is that land where You dwell, O my Friend and Intimate Divine Guru. ||2||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਹਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਸਜਣ ਮੀਤ ਮੁਰਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I am a sacrifice, I am forever a sacrifice, to my Friend and Intimate Divine Guru. ||1||Pause||

ਇਕ ਘੜੀ ਨ ਮਿਲਤੇ ਤਾ ਕਲਿਜੁਗੁ ਹੋਤਾ ॥
When I could not be with You for just one moment, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga dawned for me.

ਹੁਣਿ ਕਦਿ ਮਿਲੀਐ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਗਵੰਤਾ ॥
When will I meet You, O my Beloved Lord?
ਮੋਹਿ ਰੈਣਿ ਨ ਵਿਹਾਵੈ ਨੀਦ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
मोहि रैणि न विहावै नीद न आवै बिनु देखे गुर दरबारे जीउ ॥३॥
mohi rain na vihaavai need na aavai bin daykhay gur darbaaray jee-o. ||3||
I cannot endure the night, and sleep does not come, without the Sight of the Beloved Guru's Court. ||3||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਜੀਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਚੇ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to that True Court of the Beloved Guru. ||1||Pause||

ਭਾਗੁ ਹੋਆ ਗੁਰਿ ਸੰਤੁ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥
By good fortune, I have met the Saint Guru.

ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਘਰ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
I have found the Immortal Lord within the home of my own self.

ਸੇਵ ਕਰੀ ਪਲੁ ਚਸਾ ਨ ਵਿਛੁੜਾ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥
I will now serve You forever, and I shall never be separated from You, even for an instant. Servant Nanak is Your slave, O Beloved Master. ||4||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਜੀਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥੧॥੮॥
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice; servant Nanak is Your slave, Lord. ||Pause||1||8||

Novtej said...

wow that shabad also came to mind too!!

TeraRoop said...

Let's make that three - I thought of that very Shabad as well..

Sikh minds think alike! ;)

satvinder said...

I cannot endure the night, and sleep does not come, without the Sight of the Beloved Guru's Court.

Waheguru

Hau(n) Tumari karo(n) nit aas
pitaa mohe kab gal laaveh(n)geh

Singhstah said...

Thanks for posting this shabad, so it reminded me of the other shabad

:D

ss said...

Waheguru!

Apols for not commenting sooner Bhenji.

Busy catching up on the all the days I missed now :-)

Gotta find some time to do some more on my own blog - I've got so much material and no time ;-(

S.K. said...

Beautiful shabads.

How does one paste Gurmukhi in their blog? A simple cut & paste doesn't seem to work for me, as the Gurmukhi font doesn't appear.

Thanks :)

Gurvinderpal said...

Amazing~!!!!!!!!!

TeraRoop said...

no need to curse. i am everything you said i am except for the h* i don't think i am really, sorry..

but if you've got an argument to make, make one that's worthy. if you're here to curse, i also have an e-mail address which you can send filthy comments to, and save whoever visits my blog from such koorh.

good day.

Pamma said...

what??......

who was cussing?

Anonymous said...

make that four. i thought of it too. :)

Novtej said...

righty...just remembered about that banner thing...

1. go to blogger.com and login
2. click on 'change settings'
3. click on the 'Template' tab
4. go through the script until you get to .. #blog-header {
(..its near the start of the script)
5. in that little paragraph at the end there is a url address and that is where you enter the url of the banner.

I uploaded my banner on my personal webspace but im sure you can upload on blogger..get the url address of it and paste it in. This is what my script reads:

#blog-header {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS";
background: #e0e0e0 url(http://www.novtej.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/top_div_blue.gif) no-repeat top left;
}


(its a gif file btw)

a bit complex but thats the way i did it..i dont know if theres a simpler way of doin it :S

anyway chardi kala

gurfathe!

Leave a Reply

_/\_