Thursday, January 12, 2006

Named a Concept...

...of love and compassion, after humans.

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khaalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatehh

Baby found dead in garbage bin
Newborn, left outside Newark restaurant, thought to be [less than 5 days old]]]
By Ben Aguirre Jr., STAFF WRITER


A DEAD BABY was found Wednesday in a garbage can at this Jack in the Box restaurant in Newark. (Bea Ahbeck - Staff)
NEWARK — The partially clothed body of a newborn baby boy was discovered Wednesday afternoon in a trash can outside a popular fast-food restaurant near NewPark Mall, police said.

The baby, who is thought to be less than 5 days old, was found just before sunset by a customer at the Jack in the Box restaurant at the corner of Mowry Avenue and Cedar Boulevard, police Lt. Jim Leal said.

A patron dumping trash in a receptacle near the restaurant's entrance about 4:30 p.m. saw a dead baby wrapped in a blanket lying in the garbage, Leal said. The infant was described as having a dark complexion and dark hair.

The infant, who did not have any visible wounds, was quickly taken inside the business, but attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful, the lieutenant said.

Several people were inside the restaurant at the time, but none immediately reported seeing anything unusual before the baby's discovery, he said.

The restaurant was closed after the child was found, but many surrounding businesses remained open as officers cordoned off the area to search for answers as to why the child had been abandoned.

"We don't know what we've got," Leal said, talking about possible motives."My thought is we have a young mother or family who felt this was the only thing they could do."

Because police do not know why the child was dumped, their investigation will focus on finding the infant's parents.

"We're looking to find out what happened. There may be circumstances that the parents can help shed some light on," Leal said, adding that investigators want the parents to come forward to help identify the child and give it a proper burial.

"This is tragic. You've got a brand-new newborn in a garbage can. This is awful on many levels," Leal said.

Doing my Chaupaee Saahib da Paath, the only thing I desired to beg of my Beloved was to bless His children with acceptance of His ever sweet will {implying of course, we recognise its value, to whatever possible extent}. I used to ask for so many things in Ardaas once I realized there was a reason we stand there with our eyes closed and our hands folded together before we place our foreheads to the floor in front of Guroo Saahib Maharaj. Then I started asking for less and less things as they lost value in my eyes. Now.. this is the only thing my heart will consent to ask for.

I pray one day I ask for nothing at all.

So often we quote the Pangtee 'Theraa Keeaa Meethhaa Laagai, Har Naam Padaarathh Naanak Maa(n)gai" {ਤੇਰਾ ਕੀਆ ਮੀਠਾ ਲਾਗੇ ॥ ਹਿਰ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਮਾਗੈ ॥2॥42॥93॥} to one another, at the loss of someone dear.

How completely do we believe the first half of the Pangtee? And how sincere are we in following the second half?

This leads me to question a particular thread I encountered on Sikhi Unleashed {W!N Forums}. It was a poll, asking if we had faith in Guroo Jee {BaaNee}. To be completely honest, I voted no. Then I went forth to read the replies to the original post, and I was a bit surprised. In response to the first reply - I am surely a disgrace then. =)

The posters in that thread all seemed to imply that they do not have one hundred percent faith. Yet they all also stated that they voted 'yes'. How can this be? Are we truly able to say that we have complete faith in Guroo Saahib Jee Maharaj, when our own hearts tell us that we waver, that our steps falter on the path?

And I'm called away again.. although, I'll have plenty of time to ponder that.

bhull chuk maaf karan di kripaalta bakshni Maharaj.. I am a foolish manmukh who has no consideration for the feelings of others.. if anyone was offended, it was not my intention to cause this, and I am sorry.

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khaalsa! Waaaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehhhh !!

18 Responses to “Named a Concept...”

ss said...

What can I say other than Waheguru.

"I pray one day I ask for nothing at all."

Waheguru.

Sat Naam, Waheguroo


Moving news story.

Anonymous said...

maybe they just didn't want the kid

and how can you not ask for stuff people always want stuff, there's no way you can ask for nothing

rsingh said...

You will ask for nothing when you have everything. You will only have everything when you have nothing. Confused?

Ask for one thing. Vahiguroo (god). Once you are with vahiguroo what else will you need?

Food, Water, Clothes, LOVE, only one being gives you all these that is Vahiguroo. Its just we don’t realise it. Only though Naam will we realise it. Pappie (sinners) like me are stuck in maaya and kaam and the other evils and therefore we ask for one thing after another.

From personal experience I am never for filled. As one void is filled in my life another opens as my mind longs for one thing after another.

May Vahiguroo Bless us all.

Singhstah said...

OMV, thats absoloutley horrific, lets hope the soul has some peace in the next world, Vaheguroo

ss said...

Anon said: "maybe they just didnt want the kid"

Obviously I'm not in possession of all the fact, I know nothing about the mental state of the person concerned, their circumstances and the rest; but even if it was a case "diminshed responsilibity" was this the only solution? If a child is not wanted then there are other routes that can be pursued.

Your line, above; taken on it's own without providing any other supporting text; seems on the face of it fairly nonchelant. Almost as if it was something of a passing concern and nothing really to worry about:

"Oh a baby got thrown in to a dustbin" *shrug*
"oh well!"

Surely we have more humanity than that?

Anonymous said...

well i mean i'd never do it you know but other people do it all the time they dont really have an option they might not want other people to raise their kid but they cant raise it themself

so?

and rsingh thats exactly my point you're still asking for something, whether its god, food, clothes, money, whatever

until you get there you'll keep asking

Anonymous said...

"I pray one day I ask for nothing at all." - a true gurmukh :)

ur amazing japnu

Novtej said...

This is crazy, what is the world coming to? I mean okay if the parents are unable to look after the child then how will killig it help them solve their problems!!! Your aslee problems are your bad karams you have done so im sure this is not adding to 'good karam'

Anonymous said...

i don't get why u guys are making such a big deal out of this it happens all the time. is it like a revelation for you? first time you've ever heard of a kid getting abandoned or something? as i said before they probably had their reasons

anyway teraroop's about to be in the newspapers again according to rana what a publicity hog she doesn't even do shit

TeraRoop said...

Innnnnerestin


Big-Head Veerjee: =)

Manvir Singh Veerjee: Indeed it is. Seems there are a lot more of those out there nowadays, doesn't it?

Anon 1: Not an excuse. And there is definitely a way you can ask for something.. I pray you figure it out one day. =)

RSingh Veerjee: I agree completely, however, I believe there will be a time, a certain avastha where you will not have attained God yet, but you will not feel the need to beg for His darshan. Because that will be the avastha where you are at peace, you will be okay with the fact that you haven't been reunited with Him yet. =)

Bro Singhstah: We can say it's horrible, Veerjee, because we cannot fathom Waheguru Jee Maharaj and His will. We must accept it, and see it as a gift, just as we do everything else. =)

SS {Big-Head Veerjee} 2: Such a nonchalant response is not highly uncommon. Indeed, it is the response you will receive from the majority of people. It's quite alright - someone else's diminished display of compassion does not lessen your own in any way, and indeed, it should only increase the humanity you posess yourself. =)

Waheguru I sound so utterly verbose.

Anon 2: I'd like you to explain something to me, pyaario. You said you'd never do it yourself, correct? Well, if you were to find yourself in the very situation you described below {well, it'll be above when you read this}, what would you do? If you couldn't raise the child yourself, but for some reason you could not tolerate someone else raising him/her, what option would you be left with? It seems that you've tried to justify something that does not affect you, yet you do not want others to see you as the type of person to condone such an act - I may be mistaken Jeeo, however I think perhaps you are a bit confused. =)

Pamma Jee, I am so incredibly far from amazing, and even further {farther? =/} from the avastha of a true Gurmukh. Please, Jeeo.. you're definitely much more of a premi, and an actual Gursikh, than I am.

Novtej Singh Veerjee, I am not so sure their karams are in their hands. No more than any of ours, and we haven't the least bit of control over our actions {in my worthless opinion..}.

Anon 3: =) Pyaarae Jeeo, they may not have had any reason at all, but they did what they did, and what you've indirectly stated is absolutely correct: such incidents, or similar ones, occur all the time. It all depends on how Waheguru Sahib Jee Maharaj made you. That's what determines each person's perception, as well as reaction, to each situation they face. =)

I've only just realized how many grammar rules exist in the English language - and how many of them I am unsure of.

Waheguru, that took a lot out of me. Oh, and smile - a lot - even if it seems as though there's nothing to smile about: it works.

=)

ss said...

Well I was going to write about how anon sounded desentised but then I wondered how anyone could be desentised to such an action and then I read bhenji's comment and well she's covered it excellently.

So I'll stop and go for a walk and have a smile instead.

Big head ss :-)

Teji Kaur said...

Guru Fateh
Thanks for your sweet comments on my xanga.I do not think you are a manmukh.You have a sincere interest for God ,follow it ,Take one step toward Gods shelter and hell take a billion toward you.And about faith,we are humans,Humans lose faith sometimes.It happens to all.The trick is to trust God hold on and use the incident toi make your relationship with Thakur jio stronger.Always take care and God Bless.
Guru Rakha Sadha Sadha

TeraRoop said...

It's desenSItised.

mwahahah.

No problem about the comments, Bhenjee. And if you do not think I am a manmukh, you may want to start now.. it's nothing but the truth haha. As for faith.. I think it's coming along nicely. I've more faith now than ever before, and I have faith in the fact that my faith in Guru Jee and God will continue to grow in strength.

yay =)

okay I will make a serious comment later =)

and all of you people out there who visit my blog.. say hi sometimes! I promise I don't bite.. and I won't lick your karha either.

haha okaybyeeeeeee.

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khaalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

ss said...

I fear I have become "desenSItised" to spelling mistakes :-)

Must stop doing hit and run comments

Any mistakes in this comments are my fault entirely.

:-)

satvinder said...

"hit and run comments" That's a good phrase. (",)

TeraRoop said...

*these

mwahahahaha IM JUST KIDDDINGGGG VEEEERJEEEE

=D

thanks for visiting Satvinder Kaur Bhenjee.. =)

gosh im so blessed to have met so many adorable and sweet Gursikhs

thank You merae pyaarae amazing Guroo Jee !!

ss said...

I must stop doing *these* hit and run comments

:)

Leave a Reply

_/\_