Friday, December 30, 2005

Thau Mai Aaiaa - Sarnee Aaiaa

Vaahiguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaahiguroo Jee Kee Fateh

I had to share this with everyone. Sorry to interrupt the Rakhiaa de Shabad series {although that may even be a good thing, but more on that later}

A lot of things have muchhh more effect on me than they do others, and a lot of things have much less effect on me than they do others. This is most likely one of the former. I begged to received a HukamNaama earlier this morning - no question, no reason, I just wanted to receive furmaan from Guroo Jee.

This gift hit me hard



This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Soohee on Ang 746

soohee mehalaa 5 ||
Soohee, Fifth Mehl:

tho mai aaeiaa saranee aaeiaa ||
I have come to You. I have come to Your Sanctuary.

bharosai aaeiaa kirapaa aaeiaa ||
I have come to place my faith in You. I have come seeking Mercy.

jio bhaavai thio raakhahu suaamee maarag gurehi pat(h)aaeiaa ||1|| rehaao ||
If it pleases You, save me, O my Lord and Master. The Guru has placed me upon the Path. ||1||Pause||

mehaa dhuthar maaeiaa || jaisae pavan jhulaaeiaa ||1||
Maya is very treacherous and difficult to pass through. It is like a violent wind-storm. ||1||

sun sun hee ddaraaeiaa ||
I am so afraid to hear

kararo dhhramaraaeiaa ||2||
that the Righteous Judge of Dharma is so strict and stern. ||2||

grih a(n)dhh koopaaeiaa ||
The world is a deep, dark pit;

paavak sagaraaeiaa ||3||
it is all on fire. ||3||

gehee outt saadhhaaeiaa ||
I have grasped the Support of the Holy Saints.

naanak har dhhiaaeiaa ||
Nanak meditates on the Lord.

ab mai pooraa paaeiaa ||4||3||46||
Now, I have found the Perfect Lord. ||4||3||46||



If you can, please follow the link and read it in the Gurmukhi font here.

bhull chuk maaf

vaahiguroo jee kaa khaalsaa vaahiguroo jee kee fateh

5 Responses to “Thau Mai Aaiaa - Sarnee Aaiaa”

TeraRoop said...

ILOVETHISSOOOOOMUCHHHHHVAAAAAAHIGUROOOOOO..

there is no way for me to explain the AWE and the DESPAIR and the JOY with which I was OVERCOME upon receiving and READING this Baani... oh my Guroo Jee..

ss said...

So glad you shared.

Waheguru

PS. About time I left a another comment on your blog; after all you do on mine ;-)

pavandeep said...

that's awesome!

TeraRoop said...

there's just something about it, I don't know what, I don't know why it got to me as much as it did.. the way it's worded, the original BaaNee, not the translation, it's like I understood it right away, as well, which is sooo hard for me, I never understand anythingg.. it's a poetic flow, and it's so.. so desperate, so sad, so.. so me

i'm really going overboard, eh?

thanks for the comment, Jeeo. and you really don't have to 'comment back' as they put it - I don't expect anything in return for my murakhosity..

vaahguroo jeeeee

ss said...

Not going overboard at all - or if this is your idea of going overboard then keep on going overboard ;-)

Erm I like commenting here - I was just being silly. I do that sometimes - it's my equivalent of hyper inducing doughnuts ;-)

Leave a Reply

_/\_