Wednesday, November 23, 2005

...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

hahaha I had no idea what to title this..

I've kind of given up on that other post for now.. it's one of those things that's been interrupted so much that, now that I've finally gotten time, I'll just get up randomly and look for something else to do lol. Anyway.. lately, I've had plenty of time to think about anything while trying to fall asleep. I recall thinking about A LOT of things night before last {haha it took me three hours to fall asleep}.. thought after thought would come whooshing in, and I just couldn't stop them.. one thing leading to another, and I thought, some of these are things I should really think about.. and then I was like ooh blog post :) {ahh I need smilies loll}.. so I wake up next morning, and can't remember a single thing I had been thinking about.

Last night however, it only took me an hour to fall asleep, and I thought of only one thing that I hadn't thought about yet, ie, I felt was important..

At the Raensabai on Saturday, before entering Guru Ji's Darbar, bhaenji had to go to the bathroom, and asked me to go with her.. so we go in, and I decided, let's wash our hands, considering all the things I had been messing around with in the car, lol. They were out of napkin/tissue/paper towels, so we use dthe little drying thingies which make you so warm :D.. and I looked up, and saw a sign on the wall which said something to the extent of 'Please keep the bathroom clean.' I'm like wow, yay, that's so cool lol - the sign, besides having those words written in English and Punjabi, had four Khandas on it, one in each corner of the paper.

I automatically said "They shouldn't have that in here." I don't know what I was thinking, but as soon as I said it, I questioned myself, 'wait, why exactly is it a problem?'

Jasmeen Bhaenji also happened to be there, and she said why not, and I said, well just to respect it.. it's like bringing a Gutka in here.. and right away I was like no waitt, yeah it's different because that's Baani. And she's like yeah, if it was an IkOnkar, say, it'd be different.

That bugged me for a while. I mean.. I unknowingly gave something more respect.. no, no, that's not the right word.. but I elevated something to a level at which it does not reside. So I start to think, you know, there are so many times when we don't give someone/something the respect they/it deserve, but here's a case where we do more than we should..

This got me thinking about ritualism {Diwali is still fresh on my mind - post on that in detail later.. *hopefully* :) } and how we do things without understanding them, or having any reason to do them.. but sometimes, a bit of 'ritualism' is needed.. like, for me, I do Prakarma of the Nishaan Sahib, as well as Pakarma of Guru Ji once I enter His Darbaar and move forward to Mathha Tekk. Why? What is the reason behind this?

To me, doing Prakarma symbolises that I have given up everything to Guru Ji. It is my way of telling Guru Ji that He is my everything, and that I swear myself to Him. But no, that can't be right, because Guru Ji knows what's in my heart, and He knows that I love Him, and that I want to give myself up to Him. So I still haven't answered the question.

and uhm wil have to ansewr it some other tiem got to go very depressing telephone call will tty all later bhull chuk maaf karni waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

3 Responses to “...”

Anonymous said...

lol, finally tracked u down to ur real blogg :D

brain

pavandeep said...

yeah me too, and it wasn't easy. I'm not delinking you. Never in my life have I been a featured link... WOW! (H)

rsingh said...

Hmmm wooow. Ok. Why do we think too much? I remember it use to take me ages to go slep I would but stare and think about one thing after another. Then in morning even if i had thought about something productive I wouldn't remember it.

Some times it's due to fact we have to much energy or something on our mind we are trying to avoid. Other times it’s because well we want to escape. But that time we waste thinking we should use to do naam jaapna and let everything sort it self out. I dunno if I made any since or relevance but oh well.

Leave a Reply

_/\_