Saturday, November 26, 2005

Antar Pyaas Har Naam Ki

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I didn't realize that when I began to tie a Dastaar, I became a member of the AKJ.

quite amusing.

Anyway - what this post was supposed to be about.. found this track I've fallen in love with and been listening to for the past two hours.. it's an Aasa di Vaar track, and the first time it played, one Shabad in it caught my attention - probably because it was the only part I paid any sort of attention to.


This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Siree Raag on Ang 40


Sireeraag Mehalaa 4 ||
Siree Raag, Fourth Mehl:


Gun Gaavaa Gun Vithharaa Gun Bolee Maeree Maae ||
I sing His Glories, I describe His Glories, I speak of His Glories, O my mother.

Guramukh Sajan Gunakaareeaa Mil Sajan Har Gun Gaae ||
The Gurmukhs, my spiritual friends, bestow virtue. Meeting with my spiritual friends, I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

Heerai Heer Mil Baedhhiaa Ra(n)g Chaloolai Naae ||1||
The Diamond of the Guru has pierced the diamond of my mind, which is now dyed in the deep crimson color of the Name. ||1||

Maerae Govi(n)Dhaa Gun Gaavaa Thripath Man Hoe ||
O my Lord of the Universe, singing Your Glorious Praises, my mind is satisfied.

A(n)thar Piaas Har Naam Kee Gur Thus Milaavai Soe ||1|| rehaao ||
Within me is the thirst for the Lord's Name; may the Guru, in His Pleasure, grant it to me. ||1||Pause||

Man Ra(n)gahu Vaddabhaageeho Gur Thut(h)aa Karae Pasaao ||
Let your minds be imbued with His Love, O blessed and fortunate ones. By His Pleasure, the Guru bestows His Gifts.

Gur Naam Dhrirraaeae Ra(n)g Sio Ho Sathigur Kai Bal Jaao ||
The Guru has lovingly implanted the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within me; I am a sacrifice to the True Guru.

Bin Sathigur Har Naam N Labhee Lakh Kottee Karam Kamaao ||2||
Without the True Guru, the Name of the Lord is not found, even though people may perform hundreds of thousands, even millions of rituals. ||2||

Bin Bhaagaa Sathigur Naa Milai Ghar Bait(h)iaa Nikatt Nith Paas ||
Without destiny, the True Guru is not found, even though He sits within the home of our own inner being, always near and close at hand.

A(n)thar Agiaan Dhukh Bharam Hai Vich Parradhaa Dhoor Peeaas ||
There is ignorance within, and the pain of doubt, like a separating screen.

Bin Sathigur Bhaettae Ka(n)chan Naa Thheeai Manamukh Lohu Booddaa Baerree Paas ||3||
Without meeting with the True Guru, no one is transformed into gold. The self-willed manmukh sinks like iron, while the boat is very close. ||3||

Sathigur Bohithh Har Naav Hai Kith Bidhh Charriaa Jaae ||
The Boat of the True Guru is the Name of the Lord. How can we climb on board?

Sathigur Kai Bhaanai Jo Chalai Vich Bohithh Bait(h)aa Aae ||
One who walks in harmony with the True Guru's Will comes to sit in this Boat.

Dhha(n)n Dhha(n)n Vaddabhaagee Naanakaa Jinaa Sathigur Leae Milaae ||4||3||67||
Blessed, blessed are those very fortunate ones, O Nanak, who are united with the Lord through the True Guru. ||4||3||67||


Going to reformat the computer today or tomorrow, so I most likely will not be posting anything for a couple of weeks - at most. Not like it matters much, though - I've got one reader :). *YAY*. Oh but when I do get back, someone remind me to do some follow-up posts..

Goodbyee.

bhull chuk maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Wahegruu Ji Ki Fateh!

5 Responses to “Antar Pyaas Har Naam Ki”

pavandeep said...

how and why does one reformat? am i supposed to reformat? it sounds complicated.

TeraRoop said...

hahaha it's complicated for ignorant ppl like me.. and we're doing it because some of the sites my bro visited got us some kindof virus that our virus protection software didnt manage to catch.. its messed up some of the basic functions of the computer.. for example, we cant open control panel.. things run unnecessarily slow, even if its the only thing u have open at the time.. programs randomly shut down, etc. etc... hopefully, a reformat is all we have to do.. it basically resets the computer - all the things you downloaded/installed/saved will be deleted, and the computer will be set to the way it was when it came form the factory..

my daddy's doing it for me, as i've no idea how lol

rsingh said...

lol you’ll lose everything. Maybe an idea to install a firewall as well as anti spy-wear for next time. The Microsoft one looks good at the moment or spybot www.download.com is best.

TeraRoop said...

haha nah i'll only lose wht i've downloaded.. IE messgrs etc etc.. OH and all my favorites.. but i saved all the links so i'll just add them again..

yeahh thanks for the spy-ware stuff thingie.. we had like two of them.. but i'm sure i did something wrong..

yeah, i mean, the reformat process itself doesnt take very long, but i've decided im not going to do much net stuff except my projects until i've got everything reinstalled again.. ok haha we're gana do it now.. byebyee!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

rsingh said...

err do some follow up blogs!! im reminding you .. hehe.

Leave a Reply

_/\_